Always good to start off a new parliament with a checklist.
Here are the 39 things related to education that you will find in the Conservative Manifesto. They have promised to enact the entire manifesto, so probably best to get familiar with those that affect you.
Here we go….
- We will expect every 11-year-old to know their times tables off by heart.
- We will expect every 11-year-old to be able to perform long division and complex multiplication
- They should be able to read a book and write a short story with accurate punctuation, spelling and grammar
- If children do not reach the required standards in their exams at the end of primary school, they will resit them at the start of secondary school, to make sure no pupil is left behind
- We will require secondary school pupils to take GCSEs in English, maths, science, a language and history or geography.
View original post 694 more words